Saturday, July 31, 2010

SHE FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH ME!


It seems it always starts in the A.M. TLW (The Little Woman) makes some kind of statement, some observation, or does something that has a profound effect on things around the old homestead!

Getting up from her chair, she announced:

“Argh! I know how you feel, I think I’m catching up with you!” (Never happen, she doesn’t laugh enough) “Everything hurts, every time I move lately.”

Me: “Maybe you are getting old?”

Dead silence! I try another tactic.

Me: “It’s the weather! Yes, that’s it, the weather.”

TLW: “Yes, of course, but it hurts. Every time I get up now, I wish this heat would go away!”

Me: “Yes, the heat sure is a killer.”

TLW: “You’re not patronizing me, are you?”

Me: “Me? No, no! Why would I do that, besides, I feel it in this weather too!” (Close call!)

TLW: “Well, there is no point complaining, I better get going.”

Me: “Yes, you’ll be late for work!”

TLW: “By the way, did you get to what I asked you to do, yesterday?”

Me: “No, my foot was killing me, the weather you know! Now hurry, you don’t want to be late!”

TLW: “Are going to get to it today?”

Me: “In THIS weather, with MY foot!?”

Who says everyone talks about the weather but no one does anything about?

No comments: