Tuesday, July 27, 2010

WHEN THINGS GO RIGHT


The other day #2 Son had a doctor’s appointment, so I went with him. Now I make jokes about my kids, but nothing that doesn’t border on the truth. Each child is unique, and all of them are distinctively smart as boys go. I should now rephrase that and say men!

After the appointment, since it was late morning, I decided to take him to lunch with me, so we could bond a little better, and maybe learn from each other.

I think it was a most pleasant experience for me. As you all know, #2 has his opinions about life and he shares them with us whether we want them or not! I used to think he was a card carrying communist, until I realized he is a better American than I am! He doesn’t like something this country is doing, he states it, and votes accordingly. He is always putting Uncle Sam’s feet to the fire, and more often than not: his opinions scorch me. I still don’t always agree with him, but he does do one thing. That one thing he does is not accepting anything at face value.

I thought how great is it that he would want the change for the better in his mind! Most of us keep quiet, and still others don’t even vote. He states his case and votes, looking for a better America! His protest is not to make America look bad, but to make her better!

So all these years he’s been arguing with me, I kind of agree with him in principle, maybe not entirely but to some small degree. He is always reading about something he is concerned with, looks objectively at the world, and STILL pisses me off! But his opinion seems honest! For that I am proud of him.

Our lunch turned out civil and enjoyable, and by golly, I may just do it again!

Maybe.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

That's what being an American is all about, We don't have to agree, but we have the freedom to think and say what we believe to be right.

Anonymous said...

For Michael: Be the change in the world you want to see.
Love,
sicilian aunt