Wednesday, July 07, 2010

CLEAN YOUR ROOM, WE NEED THE DISHES


The other morning, I came downstairs after my shower and saw a handwritten note on the table. The note was in TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) handwriting, and said: “Clean your room, we need the dishes.” I know this because I took it to my pharmacist to translate for me.

I thought to myself what a lovely thing it is when a mother and son communicate. Straight forward communications, that’s what I like, and a dish or cup to use when I need one! Since #2 Son is home from college, dishes, cups and glasses disappear at an alarming rate. TLW at first thought I was hocking the stuff to buy donuts.

I used to think that he needed the stuff for science homework, you know those little cultures you’d make in biology class? I was actually proud, and would search the scientific journals for his name, I even Googled his name once, thinking, “Whatever it is he’s doing, I bet it’s big!”

But I now see that #2 Son only wants to communicate with us, and this is how he does it: Take all the dishes, glasses and cups, and even a pot or two, and see who notices first, and if neither Mom or Dad mention it, then it is time to call the old age home.

Fortunately for this family, I have all my senses and keep my marbles tied up, while dealing with mother and son! TLW likes to have a key chain where she keeps all her keys, as do I or anyone else. The only difference is that TLW likes to keep her keys set into the front door, where I usually find them! Being I am still alive by keeping my mouth shut, I owe it to the fact that I just take the keys out of the lock and dump them in her purse if it is around, or in a brass bowl.

Of course, any husband worth his salt, knows to not mention her flaws, they hate it when you point out a slight flaw, but boy, she asks me for help in pointing out mine!

No comments: