Friday, September 17, 2010

SHE’S GOT IT COVERED!


It was the middle of the night, as I lay there, worried that TLW (The Little Woman) would not be warm enough, when suddenly I found myself spinning uncontrollably in my spot! Standing off to the side of the bed she stood, both hands on the blanket as she yanked, causing my spinning.

Me, in my sleep, or half awake: “Hey, you took all the blankets!”

The next morning we stood face-to-face in the kitchen, beneath the rising sun. We had only just begun when: raising her index finger, she said:

“Are you going upstairs now?”

“Yes, why?”

“Because I want YOU to look at the bed.”

“Huh?”

“Don’t huh me, look at where all the blankets are!”

“The blankets?”

“Yes, you took all the blankets last night and yelled that I was taking them all back, when I tried to cover myself!”

“Ah, you must be mistaken, I don’t yell, and I don’t remember that event happening. Are you sure you weren’t dreaming? You know you do that a lot. Especially lately, since you switched bagel brands.”

“Don’t give me that! I was laying there half naked last night because you had all the blankets.”

“If you were half naked, why didn’t you call me? You know the routine: “Yoo Hoo, I am calling YOO HOO!”

I went upstairs for my shower when I decided to look at the bed. It was an obvious set-up, as she probably pulled all the blankets over to my side! I mean, if she said she took them back, why are they all over on my side? I’ll tell you why, because SHE took all the blankets, and I had to yank them back, half naked, in the middle of the night!

Stay away from those bagels you buy in the supermarket, get them fresh.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL NIECE, LAURI

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Up until a couple of years ago we slept in a regular double bed. I'll never know how the marriage survived. When I started tossing and turning at night I suggested side-by-side twin beds so my spasms wouldn't disturb my wife. I have to call her on the cell phone now to say good night.