Thursday, September 02, 2010

HOT SPOTS…



or how to trick that mangy old mutt into helping her.

Happy, my unhappy cocker spaniel has a hot spot, on her hind leg.

The order came from high above.


High Above: “Joe, we have to spray the dog, she has a hot spot on her hind leg.”

“OK”

High Above: “You will hold her and I’ll spray.”

“OK”

High Above: “Then when I go to work, you will have to do it.”

“OK”

High Above: “Make sure you do it at least once.”

“OK”

High Above: “OK?”

“I’m not sure. You need help, but I do it alone?”

High Above: “What you have to do is not let her see you with the spray bottle, then sneak around her and spray!”

“OK”

High Above leaves for work, and later that day…

“HAPPY! OH HAPPY, COME HERE BABY, Daddy has a nice surprise for you!”
I then realize she is totally deaf, but not totally stupid. She is standing on all fours looking at me like I’m nuts. So I think: nothing has changed, she is not suspicious. I grab the spray bottle and hide it behind my back, grab a snack and toss it at her. I then realize she is also almost totally blind! She finds the snack, and while she gobbles it up, I strike with the spray bottle.

She may not be totally stupid, but I am, I had the spray bottle facing the wrong way, spraying the inside of my right hand! She saw the bottle and took off!

The good news is I have NO hot spots on my right han

No comments: