Monday, September 27, 2010

TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT


It is amazing how we look at things with a bias! I for one when I make up my mind, tend to stick with how I feel. It usually takes a lot to change my mind, and I think most people feel the same way.

There is a pretty good show on TV about a school of music, and how the kids interact with one another, and a good deal is with the young people performing, singing and dancing, and some really great acting!

The music, if I heard it on the radio, would turn me off, yet watching these kids perform, taking the “Worst” music in my opinion, and putting it into their genre, leaves me enthralled. I guess I always liked singing and dancing, to hear a piece of music put to dance, is an art that fascinates me, gives me great pleasure, and leaves me happy for a long time. I suspect that is why #2 Son is always giving me a song and dance when I ask questions. ONLY KIDDING, MIKE!

I know this show is not for everyone, but if you enjoy performances, with great dancing and interesting interpretations of today’s so-called music, then try it once, just to see what I mean. There is an awful lot of talent out there, good talent, that should make you very happy.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Agree Joe. The show is very funny and the music, some of which I normally wouldn't listen to, takes on a different aspect when performed by the talented kids in the cast.

Fran said...

I love that show! Didn't think I would, but it was getting such great reviews that I decided to tune in. It was a pleasant surprise. I couldn't believe the talent of those kids!