Saturday, September 04, 2010

WHAT? ANOTHER ONE!


You all get them I’m sure, a prayer or saying or some kind of patriotic thing that someone sends you in an email, and then tells you that you have to send it to 10 or all your contacts and if you don’t, thirty million people will go blind if you delete it.

I like to delete them, just to see who will start walking into walls.

I often wonder when something bad happens to me, if I should have sent that email off, after all? Did I cause my problem by not forwarding an email someone said I should? And what happened to people before emails? I remember the chain letter, but never paid attention to that either. Maybe if I had, I’d be richer today?

Some people send me forwards at least twice or three times a day, maybe more, and I wonder how they are living, is there house clean, do they go to the bathroom, is there a potty under their chair by the computer?

I very wisely have my computer upstairs away from the refrigerator: I don’t want to create ideal situations for myself. And what about the husbands and wives of these forwarders, are they tied up in the basement, hungry or just starving for attention?

Of course, you can’t escape the texters either. They text you at a drop of a semi-colon, when it is easier to just call. They text driving, walking, in restaurants and store, and even in the toilet I’m sure. There are the young ladies that drive, text and put on makeup, all while smoking a cigarette! Multi-taskers.

I was in LA a few years ago, and everyone I saw walking down the street had a cell phone in their ear. There are no longer public phone booths.

Imagine someone on his deathbed.

The dying man: “Dear this is it! It is getting dark all around me, I can’t see much! (Cell phone rings) “Wait, I gotta take this!” (gasping) “No, sorry, you have the wrong number. Now, where was I?”

Yes, it is all a big distraction, and NOTHING is getting done right anymore!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you write this while taking a break from harvesting crops on Farmville?

#1 Son

Jim Pantaleno said...

u r so rt.

Anonymous said...

Why did Jim say that you are in a rut? Is something wrong?
ss-i-l

Mary Ann said...

No Angela, I think Jim what Jim was saying was.." you are so right" referring to Anthony's comment. lol