Friday, September 03, 2010

THE TIME HAS COME!


Time to say goodbye to summer. Once I close my pool, I start thinking about Christmas, and when I think about Christmas, I remember all the years in the advertising business where Christmas WAS thought of in the heat of summer.

It seemed that you always worked in reverse or opposite in the field: campaigns were readied six months in advance. So, while you dreamed of the vacation to the beach or pool, your thoughts were preoccupied with Christmas shopping, holiday cheer and snow!

In the fall, or autumn, for you better-educated readers, I thought about Easter! Yes, the Easter Bunny while everyone has a pumpkin decoration on their walls, I had comprehensives of ads for Easter!

Spring was no better as I readied my thoughts for fall. It amazes me how I ever got through the year. I guess I was always in the holiday mood, and totally confused. Then in August, around the end of it, I would see store ads for Halloween or even Christmas decorations, and would go home and rail on about, when all along, I was part of the problem! How sad to see a season coming and going all at the same time!

If you know me, you often wonder why I’m so crazy, and the above reason speaks for half of it. The other half is due to my deep love of chocolate.

1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

I always love seeing the winter parkas in store windows in August. As for wondering why you're crazy, it's not the chocolate, it all started with Brother Justinian.