Sunday, January 29, 2012

AMERICAN IDLE


I happened to catch American Idol the other night and came to the conclusion that the good singers all suck.

Watching one after another sing and then hear: “You’re going to Hollywood”, left me cold. They all start to sound alike: good! Fortunately the coming attractions showed me something different coming: “After the break”.

Watching the faces of the judges seemed to relate that things were getting interesting, they would stink.

“Ah good, now we will see some real talent!” I related to TLW (The Little Woman).

“I was thinking the same thing!”

Anybody can get up there and sing and go to Hollywood, but how many of us would go up there and sing without talent?

It's not always pretty
Sitting in front of a TV is not easy sometimes: you have commercials, and interrupting phone calls, not to mention American Idol. The voices on American Idol sometimes match the costumes and hair dos, the talent is sometimes a little behind the performance. What they lack in talent they more than make up for in guts.

Give me the really bad performances, and I love it. I don’t want so-so, or poor, or just sorry voices, I want bad, face cringing sorry voices, I want the contestants to apologize for a performance so bad, they become popular performers.

These are the people I want to be in a foxhole with, trusting my life to. I want a Lady Ka Ka, to sing. I want to hear those broken voices, the screeching and forgetting the words, I want the people that think they are good but aren’t. I’m a rotten bastard!

After dragging through the show that was all so-so, it happened, I found my American Idol, Amy Zeiderman, and she was great! She started out lousy, prancing and dancing and as she did I remarked to TLW: If they send her to Hollywood we change the channel. Then something truly remarkable happened, the judges gave her another chance and she sings: ‘Blue Bijou’ and ruins my night. She was good, and boy do I hate that

I think I spend too much time idling in front of the TV at night!

No comments: