Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A HOLY DAY


#2 Son goes back to Purchase today!

I treat it as a high holy day, a day like Christmas or Easter! A day for joy you ask?
Let me tell you.

#2 Son
#2 Son is going to a place that he loves, an environment that he grows in. It is the best place he has ever been in. He takes me back to my own youth, and those days at The New York Institute of Technology, another great place to live in.

Joe College
When I went to college, a whole new world opened up to me, one that was exciting and filled with new concepts to think about. It was also a channel for my art and a great love for reading developed. I was learning about things outside of Bellport, and never looked back. The funny thing is when I left college to hone my craft in the advertising world; I still looked back at the college days, because like your mother, it stays with you in your face.

College gave me an identity, a purpose and a deep want for more! I was able to distinguish a good woman and found one to marry, it gave me values that I tried to pass on to my children, and it also gave me a perspective on life and how fleeting it is.

Today, when I go to the library, I go like a child in a candy store, there is so much to find! The good thing is no calories!

I find myself now arguing life with both my sons, they have their own creative minds, their own opinions, and their own lives, and I must say it is a challenge to see and know them. I am a very proud father.

I kid about #1 and #2 Sons, but that is because my nature is such that I love to laugh, at myself, but I sometimes run out of material, so “the boys”, as Mamma calls them are my next target.

You’ve heard enough from me about #1 Son for a while, but the book hasn’t been written yet on #2 Son, and I am excited to find it in the library of life, so I can see it written first hand, then I will read it.

Miss Ellie
Growing up with four sisters and being the only boy, made we want to have sons. The one thing in life I wanted most was sons, and I love my sisters and I truly love my daughter, there is no doubt, but to me, having sons is a great gift from on high. Money is nice, possessions are nice, but sons are what gives me happiness and pride, and I have two of the best, both different and unique, and both by the way, great material for this blog!

No comments: