Tuesday, January 31, 2012

TUMBLEWEED

-->
Way back in ’07, I had the pleasure to meet two very talented brothers who teamed up to produce and write a gem of a short film. One is the husband of my very first fan of this blog: from California, the lovely MFF (My Favorite Fan) Lauren.

Often we go through life wondering where things get their names and I know you, if you are like me, often wonder where the tumbleweed got its name. Well, good news folks, I have the answer.

Now you know from time to time I like to suggest a book, or recipe or event. Today it is a short film. Seven minutes and you are in and out in no time. You can’t even smooch with your significant other. (signifiCAN’T) other?

Go out and find a great short called: (you ready for this?) ‘TUMBLEWEED’: an historic look at the tumbleweed.

For instance, do you know who discovered the tumbleweed and named it after himself? Well, watch the movie, it will shock you!
Did you know that it is called “Dry Brush” and “Stationary Weed” and even the very hurtful: “Dick Brush”? I didn’t think so.

Jared (director) and Justin (writer) Varava are the two geniuses I speak of. When you hit either link, you will be cast into the facts of life, the joy of being, and a font of knowledge, besides, it’s good!

http://www.anillusionofmovement.com/ is their website, a nice place to visit if you shop on line with your wife and you need to wait for her while holding her pocketbook.

No comments: