Monday, January 23, 2012

OMG!


The news was coming fast and furious from the TV. It didn’t sound good, and now I would have to hear about. I shifted nervously in my recliner, wishing I had stayed in bed. Newt had had a bad previous day, and I knew what that meant. My doctor’s appointment is next month and I would hear about it in his office. Not only would I hear about it, I would get another rundown on the Insurance industry, lawyers, and other deviants in society.

I am not a Newt Gingrich fan, never was and never will be, except when the doctor is about to stick a needle in my arm while he extols the virtues of Mr. Gingrich as was the case the last time I saw the good doctor.

Dr. O’Hno: “You want a flu shot? You know we have to get that bum out of office. Roll up your sleeve. He’s killing the country! Don’t you think?”

Looking at the needle ready to stab me-
“Oh Yes!”

Dr. O’Hno: “We need to get Newt Gingrich into office, now is the time.”

Closing my eyes and silently praying I respond.
“Oh, sure. Go Newt!”

And so it goes. In the early morning news report, Old Newt’s ex was talking about an open marriage and she was not making Mr. Gingrich look good. Sipping my morning coffee, I go:

“Oh, my God! Now I’m in for it.”

The Little Woman (TLW): “What’s wrong?”

“I have a doctor’s appointment next month with Dr. O’Hno, and he is a big Newt supporter!”

TLW: “I’ve never seen anyone worry about his doctor’s visit based on the political situation!”

“Well, you know how the last appointment went, that’s all I need!”

TLW: “Why don’t you get another doctor?”

“What? And be ill-informed?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that sounds awful. I wouldn't want to hear about politics from my doctor -- even if I agreed with him. The worst thing that happens to me is when a doctor asks me what I do for a living. When I told my dermatologist I was a writer, he said, "You should write a movie about a dermatologist -- I have a lot of ideas." And he was serious! He brings it up every time I see him. That's just what America needs -- a movie about a skin doctor.

-#1 Son