Thursday, January 26, 2012

WHAT TO DO?


Being a Jets fan, I’ve been rooting for the NY Giants to go to the SuperBowl. Not a big deal until you weight the alternative, the New England Patriots, a team that TLC (The Lovely Courtney) supports.

I am caught between kielbasa and homemade chocolates!

Kielbasa
My brother-in-law John, my first Polish connection to the world is a Giants fan. At Easter and Christmas, kielbasa is out on the table and I love it. He offers either red or white horseradish to add to it and a piece of pumpernickel or rye bread. TLC every Christmas brings her homemade chocolate every year. So you see the dilemma, kielbasa-chocolate? Merry Christmas!

Chocolate!
Now at Christmas morning, if I go to my older sister (much older) Tessie’s house, John puts out the kielbasa and I make a Polish Big Mac. I get some bread, a nice fat slice of kielbasa, and then I add the red and white horseradish and pile it on top, and toast the Kosciuszko Bridge it might have come over on. Then once at home, I reach into a Christmas tin that sits in the refrigerator and take either a peanut butter of coconut candy made by the lovely Courtney! It’s good in America!

So, who do I root for? Will I be risking the chocolates? Will it be the kielbasa? You know that horseradish is pretty good, but that coconut with chocolate!

Here is the other dilemma, during the regular season, there are two teams I hate as a Jets Fan, the Giants and the Patriots, so who do I root for? It is a shame that there aren’t two losers; I could really enjoy the game.

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Easy decision...the Patriots are led by "cheating Bill Belichick". Go Giants!

Michele DePalo said...

Patriots have a much nicer logo, don't you think?

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Yes I do, it is right there!