Saturday, January 14, 2012

AND ANOTHER THING!


Went to visit my 93 year old mother to show her #1 Son’s and TLC (The Lovely Courtney) wedding spread done by a magazine called ‘My Wedding’ a beautiful 4 page spread about the wedding in July. Being how Mom didn’t go to the wedding because she is physically unable to, I try to bring her up to date.

Before I visited her, I called her first.

“Hello, Ma! How are you feeling?’

“I’m feeling just fine.”

“Will you be home tomorrow, or are you going dancing again?”

“Very funny. How come I am honored once again by your visit?”

Not wanting to spoil the surprise of the magazine layout.

“Oh, I finally decided to bring you my 8th grade report card, so you can sign it and I can turn it in.”

I arrive and ring the doorbell, and Henry, Mom’s boy toy and house boy answered.

“Oh! She’s downstairs in the basement looking for old buttons!”

“Hang IN THERE, Henry.”

Mom climbs the steps and says:
I found an old sweater, you know for the house, but it needed some buttons, so I’m looking with Henry to find some. You know, just for around the house.”

I show Mom the layout, she goes OOOOH!  Ahhhhh…. She is so beautiful, he looks so handsome. Didn’t he wear a tuxedo?”

“Yes Ma, that’s a tux, it’s grey!”

Oh, my eyes are going, so where’s the report card you wanted me to sign?”
Mr. Romeny I presume?

“Ma, I was only kidding!”

“I thought it was kind of strange, I was trying to figure out how old you are and how long you would keep a report card from me!”

We all go to the kitchen, as Henry has made coffee and it is all poured.

“So tell me, what do you think about that Obama? And that wife of his, fighting with everybody! And another thing…the other one that Romoney, oh God, I hope they don’t let him win!”

“Ma, I assure you there will be no Romoney as president.”

“Well, I hope not.”

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 
Liz Manning-Gohlinghorst, my beautiful niece and a great mom!






No comments: