Saturday, September 29, 2012

IT SUCKS TO GET OLD

-->
Obviously!

All my life I have taken for granted the fact that I have people in my life that I think will live forever, then one day something happens.

In my life I have listened to people go on about someone who has just died and what a wonderful person he/she was. I think: are you saying these things in all sincerity, or are you saying them because you never really said them when they were alive?

A Real example of 'decent human being' My Man Bill R.I.P.
I have tried to point out in this blogue some of the people that I do admire, people who are special to me and have brought to the world that something special. There are many people that I truly love or like to see or be with, and some will disappoint me, but I will stay with my friendship for them, even if they don’t with me. My word as a friend is important to me, it is a legacy; it is what I want to be remembered for.

There is a couple, who through the years have been wonderful people, people that I love to see at holidays and special events, and always sit with them and talk, making sure that I do give them special attention. He is a rather humble man with a laid back attitude, never brags and always listens. You have to ask to find out anything about him. He is elderly and in the beginnings of Alzheimer’s disease and it will rob him of his most important treasure, his memories. She too suffers from the same thing, and so it goes.

Then there are people that have had great health all their lives who suddenly, are crippled with cancer or fibrosis or heart disease and you look and want to cry. No longer do they have the strength to match their desires to live, no longer will they enjoy the simple freedoms of life like a vacation or a simple trip to a restaurant, or even of holding a small child one more time.

As I get older I wonder what will happen to me. Where will I be and what will be the circumstances? I wish to see all the people who I have befriended, all my relatives all the people who have been in my life and given me a laugh or even a simple conversation. It is wonderful that I had life, that I had you all in my life, and I hope to continue that for a long time. Many of you I have teased on this blog, and I did because I trusted in our friendship, either family or friends. My greatest single resource in life is: the people who touch my life. To you all, before I go, thank you.

I don’t know what tomorrow brings, I hope it brings health to you and yours: I hope you can find the good in each day and live it. Live it up, dance, smile and laugh, don’t let things or people get you down. Remember from every bad event in your life there is more than one good one to take its place. Embrace your family, your love ones and your self most importantly. And remember this, my door is always open to you, and to those you love, just step through it.

To all the widows and widowers, take relief that you can say someone loved you once, to the parents, especially the mothers who have lost children, I lost a child to death and one to a disability that still haunts her to this day, don’t cry for the world to see, but get up each day and do something in their name, it keeps them alive a little longer than you can imagine.




I’m sorry if you think I’m in a blue mood, I’m not. I am realizing that every now and then I need to stop for a moment and tell someone I love him or her, before either of us are gone.

No comments: