Friday, September 14, 2012

JOOOOOOOOOE!


That was the cry that greeted me one morning last week. The thing that all modern America dreads, loss of the Internet in any shape or form: was the issue that TLW (The Little Woman) was dealing with.

Now I’m a believer in modern technology, I happen to like color TV. I think the Princess telephone looks good on the nightstand, and I’m really impressed by my stereo record player, and darn, I wish I could get the carmakers to reintroduce the cassette player!

I must admit, I’m losing some ground, I no longer have a teenager living at home so I don’t dare buy anything that requires wires that hook up to the TV. I do have a cell phone, but it needs to be charged, and I have to look at it as a way to communicate, right now it just helps to keep the loose change from making too much noise in my pocket. And as far as blue teeth, I don’t have any, and don’t plan on any implants.

I must say I see people who walk staring into a thing called the i-phone or i-pad, mesmerized by what they are looking at and I get to meet them as they bump into me because they can’t see where they are going. I know the device can slow you down when driving, causing people behind you to go around you, but a lot of them are waving hello and saying you are #1 with one finger up in the air as they go by!

Turns out TLW was locked out of her computer, it would not let her sign on with her usual password and I had to get involved. Off she goes to take a shower and get ready for work as I put in the effort to solve her problem. I find and fix her problem and happily she goes onto the Internet, talking to me while I’m trying to write. Mind you, I don’t mind her talking to me ever, I enjoy it, but I needed a few moments to collect my thoughts and continue what I was writing. (It was my last will and testament, and I was trying to fit all my readers of this blogue in, so it takes concentration. You don’t want to put the commas in the wrong places with the numbers.)

So modern technology will not assign me to the back seat, but the driver’s steering wheel, by golly!



No comments: