Tuesday, September 25, 2012

THE PERFECT DAY


Its Thursday morning, and I have to report to the Supreme Court in Riverhead for Jury Duty. The weather forecast is to be perfect, sunny and 72 degrees, while I sit in a stuffy courthouse. Perfect, friggin’ perfect!

Of course as a retiree, my life is not set to accommodate the clock anymore. Getting up in the morning was a casual thing, now it has become a crisis! For some strange reason, I slept longer than I usually do this morning, and when I woke up I was surprised by the time but was going to stay in bed longer when I realized I had to get going! Sickening, huh?

I haven’t been in angry traffic in years, rush hour is not my favorite thing, and although I am reporting at 10 am, there are still commuters on the road at the hour I am going.

Then I don’t particularly like Riverhead, it is not Bellport or Holbrook, I have to figure out the town and what to get for lunch around there. And who knows when I will get out of there? What do I do for dinner, and time to write a couple of daily blogues and one weekly one. http://joenellen.blogspot.com/ and http://ellendelbloggolo.blogspot.com/

As you can see this and many other issues will trouble me in the coming days, and you dear reader will have to hear about them as I go.

Wish me luck, although by the time you read this, my luck will have run out!



1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Bring your laptop. Unless you get picked for a case, it's deadly boring.