Thursday, September 13, 2012

THAT’S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR


As she says: "LET'S GO METS!"
Recently as of this blogue being written on September 5th, the New York Yankees have been losing and fell into a tie for first place with the Baltimore Orioles. Not being a Yankee fan, but being a Met fan, I could empathize with Yankee fans everywhere. Then I thought about my classmate from High School, Michele (She dropped the other ‘L’) DePalo and how avid a Yankee fan she is.

In her gloom, she commented on Facebook how she might as well be a Mets fan! This broke my heart, and felt compelled to fix that. I immediately went into my DelBloggolo archives and found the posted picture you see here, and put it up on Facebook, with the comment: “Even the most loyal Yankee fans are jumping ship!”
 
I’m sure you must have heard of stories where a rich guy moves into a poor neighborhood to get the feel of how the other 7/8’s lives and becomes sympathetic to their cause. I feel with this picture above, I am helping to spread the word, and making Michele (She dropped the other ‘L’) a better and more compassionate baseball fan. My hope here is that she roots sincerely and with her heart for her new team the Mets. Why she could even start rooting for another team in baseball as her second team, the Boston Red Sox, kind of the anti-Yankee in her now! This would make her friends with so many people she would become a cult hero: a symbol of what compassionate fandom is all about!
 
Pray for Michele (She dropped the other ‘L’) DePalo and: “Let’s Go Mets!” or “Red Sox” just like Michele (She dropped the other ‘L’) will.
 
As for me, I’m leaving town: she knows where I live!

1 comment:

Michele DePalo said...

As I write this, the Yankees have just beaten the Red Sox (2-0) and are still hanging on to first place by their fingernails. But even when they stumble and fall to second or third place (and they will), I resolve to be loyal to my team. As far as the Mets are concerned, I like the team and wish them well. After all, they are a NY team. But, though I curse the Yankees at times, and become frustrated as all get-out, a Yankee fan I have always been, and a Yankee fan I shall always be.

Your loyal Del Bloggolo fan,

Michele (I always had one L) DePalo