Saturday, August 02, 2008

WHEN SOMETHING SPECIAL HAPPENS


Today was kind of special. I spent the day with #1 Son, which I haven’t done in over 6 months. Then later on in the afternoon, #2 joined us. Just me and #1 at first, went to lunch together for sushi, and then home to watch a CD he bought me for Father’s Day on the six important games at Shea Stadium.

When #1 Son was a little kid, he ate drank and slept baseball. He played it even I the winter when it was very cold outside. We watched the game, one of the 1969 World Series Games that he was not born yet when it played. He asked questions and I gave out info that he found interesting.

Like old times we talked baseball, and just in time for the trading deadline. What could be more fun for this old fool than to spend time with my sons. Although #2 Son is not a baseball fan, it was still nice that he was around.

I wish there were more days like this particular one, and maybe before I pass on, there will be. I hope so.

No comments: