Wednesday, August 06, 2008

HOW DO YOU DO (IT)?


We arrived early for the wedding in Holyoke, Mass. In the Country Inn lobby, waiting for our rooms to be ready. My lovely niece Sara, sat waiting along with TLW (The Little Woman), and #1 Son, along with us sat a strange lady who was nicely dressed waiting on one of the couches, while my Nephew John went to the toilet.

Suddenly more of the family started to arrive. As we sat around waiting for our rooms, my nephew John who rode with us arrived from the men’s room and started to greet everyone. Shaking the men’s hands and kissing all the ladies, John was on a roll. Coming up to the lone woman, he leans down and kisses her! Startled, she looks at him; he realizes he may have made a mistake. “Your with the wedding, right?” says John. “Yes, I’m Ritchie’s aunt.” Replies the stranger. “Oh, yeah, Ritchie’s aunt.” recovers John.

As we are leaving, John looks at the lady and says; “Well, I’ll see you at the wedding.” As the stranger waves and smiles at him.

Out we go, laughing in the parking lot, I said to John; “You pulled a Grandpa!” “Yeah, he says, I’ve got a little of you and Grandpa in me.” He does.

No comments: