Thursday, August 28, 2008

BROOKHAVEN TOWN, WHERE ARE YOU?


You remember that show about two policemen, back in the 60’s called: “Car 54, Where Are You?”

Well a few months ago, the Town of Brookhaven, NY, here on scenic Long Island sent notices to all the residents on my street that they would be re-paving our road. Then last June we got a notice in our mailbox telling us that the re-paving would commence promptly on Wednesday and last through Friday in that month. We were warned that any cars parked on the street would be towed away and the owners shot.

Being we are a three-car family, we made plans on how we would park in our driveway for convenience.

I happened to notice my neighbor’s car across the street. The family was away on vacation and didn’t know about the re-paving. One car was left in the street! I went to MMB (My Man Bill) next door to see if he had a key for the car to move it into my driveway until the family came home. MMB was not home, so I looked out for him. I never found him, but noticed the car was moved into his driveway. MMB is a great guy, and of course was on the job!

We are now into the last week of August, and where is the town? They chopped up a little bit of road and disappeared? Well, finally! They finished!

This is the town that wants its taxes on time in full!

No comments: