Saturday, August 16, 2008

DERE IS GOLD IN DAR HILLS!


Many years ago, I worked with a woman who was dating a fellow from Connecticut. This fellow owned a jewelry store, and was about to get engage with the woman. This arrangement was going well until Christmas came, and he gave her a piece of jewelry.

One morning I arrived at work, and there was this woman, who occupied the office next door to mine. Like a caged lioness, she paced to and fro in her office, a scowl and look of determination in her eyes. I couldn’t help but notice her condition, and inquired what the matter was, since she worked for me.

“Oh, David gave me a bracelet for Christmas.”

Me: “Oh? Were you hoping for an engagement ring, instead?”

“No, but the bracelet is GOLD PLATED, and under $100.”

Me: “OK, maybe I don’t understand, what is the matter, the brace let too tight?”

“NO! He should have given me a gold bracelet, I don’t accept gold platted, let alone a gift under $100.”

Me: “Did my wife put you up to this?”

“Very funny, but I’m going to return the bracelet.”

Me; “Won’t that make him feel bad? Besides, maybe that’s all he can afford.”

“Then he can’t afford me.”

And so dear reader, another relationship would be built on LOVE of gold and UNDERSTANDING that gold plated and under $100, isn’t good.

Good old TLW (The Little Woman), never returns MY gifts, just won’t use it if she doesn’t like it.

No comments: