Saturday, August 23, 2008

MONEY IS NO OBJECT

Believe me, not an object I have much of.

In our little foray into the world of gambling, TLW (The Little Woman) decided we needed to view some of the little shops in the Mohegan Sun world.

I had a vision of Mohegan Sun that was not quite right. I pictured gaming tables with Native American’s (Nas) in full headdress manning the tables, running the slot machines, and finally getting the upper hand on the White Man. That is not what I found!

Millions of Asians play the tables, and a million more old white people join them. Those old White Men, when not in the Men’s room, are on the slot machines, poker games, and roulette tables. The Nas are nowhere to be found! That is, until you enter the little shops, or shops of horror. There you see the massacre! Little old ladies: White, Black, Hispanic, and Asian, all getting their husbands scalped! Bankrupt husbands lie everywhere. Some sobbing some dazed and confused. This horrific phenomenon continues in the restaurants, with way overpriced meals.

TLW led me into Tiffany’s, where my blood pressure increased noticeably, my heart pounding as if I saw some infant stand on the edge of the Grand Canyon, unsupervised.

It was there that General DelBloggolo made his last stand: “Price is no object, your second husband can pay for it.”

No comments: