Sunday, October 09, 2011

THE WANNA-BE BANK AND TRUSS CO.


The other day I went into the Wanna-be Bank and Truss Co, unannounced, to do a little banking business. The Wanna-be Bank and Truss Co. is where TLW (The Little Woman) works.

As I entered the establishment, I went to the coin machine and began depositing all my extra change, took the Canadian quarter and nickel that the machine rejected, and figured I’ll pass it off to someone else. (They did it to me)

The receipt comes out for the total amount, and I go to the teller windows and stand on line. Who is behind the teller window? Pat, the Princess of Foxwood Points, that’s who. She calls out: “NEXT!” I figure, this is going to be painful, long and if I know her, agonizing for me only. A Cheshire cat like grin rolls across her beautiful face as she sees her victim.

“Well, well, what have we here!?”

“Hi Pat”

“Did you get my comments about on your blogue today?

“Yes I did. I thought they were funny, the single ‘M’ in Pam and the one ‘L’ in Michele.”

“And what about my other comments?”

“Yes I got that one too, very funny.”

She starts to do my transaction for me.

“Do you know your account number?”

“No.”

“No problem” she starts looking up my account. The Wanna-be Bank and Truss Co already took my coins into the bowels of the Wanna-be Bank and Truss Co, so if I don’t have an account, will they not pay me, and if they do, will it be in coins?

As the money aspect is going down, who appears but TLW, and she says to me.

“Ah, I thought I smelled you with money!”

TLW could tell, by the alignment of the sun with Earth, and the fact that Princess Pat, hit an alert button to notify her: “Your husband is in the bank, getting money” button that rings at TLW’s desk.

“I’ll meet you at my desk. And bring your money”

“Yes dear.”

I get released from Pat and head into the main section of the bank, where an array of people are all sitting around having a conversation. All eyes now focus on me. I immediately feel the scrutiny of the collection of ladies sitting behind desks, “Ah ha, TLW’s husband, I wonder what the hell he did that he’s taking her to lunch?”

Being interviewed by TLW’s co-workers, or should I say co-conversationalists can be an interesting thing for me. They see my face and think, “He’s here, and he’s taking her to lunch, what shall we talk about? Food.”

You know, I’m NOT just another pretty face. There are things I like to talk about besides food. There is art. For once I would like someone to start a conversation with me about art, say the art of cooking!

1 comment:

p said...

I do remember that day like it was
yesterday and I'm glad you realized
I wouldn't let you get away with any
money. So of course I had to alert
TLW that money was exchanging hands.