Monday, October 17, 2011

TEXAS ENDS A GRAND TRADITION!


Leave it to those Texans, to do things their way.

Every prison in America has entertained the idea of a condemned man’s last meal being an extravagant affair.  You are going to die in a few hours so what would you like to eat, don’t worry about the cost: the state will pay for it. Oh, just so you know, it should come from local sources: the accountant gets all weepy if the expense report includes out-of-state or foreign costs.

Not so in Houston, Texas any more!

Officials decided to stop the practice on September22, after a state senator complained about a large request from a man executed for his role in a notorious dragging death. Now, inmates get to eat only what the kitchen serves.

I got to thinking, what would I choose for my last meal. There are two ways to go on this. 1.) You ask for something you hate, and on the way to your execution, you are glad that you will never eat THAT again. B.) My way: I order French onion soup, Chinese dumplings, (Fried, I know they are not healthy) a pepperoni stick with a sharp parmesan cheese, a nice rib eye steak, medium done with French fries, broccoli rabe, an Italian submarine sandwich, a quart of Guinness, and for cocktails a Jack Daniels Manhattan with shrimp cocktail, and extra spicy sauce, some fried calamari with spicy marinara and Tabasco sauce, and finally for dessert, a hot fudge sundae with wet walnuts on vanilla ice cream.

If I’m still alive after eating that, I know I’ll be begging to be executed to get over it, because quite frankly, I'd want to die!

2 comments:

Princess Pat said...

After eating all of that, I won't want to be around you without a bottle
of listerine handy.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

I would be going to the chair, so I save money on the Listerine!