Wednesday, October 26, 2011

STEVE JOBS REACHES ACROSS THE DIVIDE


It was this past October 5th, and as I was working on my laptop, the darn thing froze on me. The cursor was stuck on my desktop, and eventually disappeared altogether! This started about 3:00 or so, and I was worried that it would probably cost a bundle to fix. I would have to go to the Apple store, make an appointment and then go down and listen to a geek tell me things I didn’t want to hear, like you’ll see this baby in 2 weeks, maybe three.

On October 5th, TLW (The Little Woman) announced to me that she had just heard on her car radio driving home from work that Steve Jobs had passed on. In case your head is in a vacuum, Mr. Jobs created Apple and the wonderful line of products in computers and all things electronic.

As I sat down and absorbed the news, I felt bad, of all the products out there that are sold, Apple is my favorite, being how I won’t use anything but an Apple. Granted PC’s are cheaper, but Apple’s are consistent, reliable, and so much easier to use. In other words, any moron can use one, and I do.

I got back to my laptop and of course it would not do anything, including shut down! I tried all the keys, a combination of keys, and was almost ready to maybe kick it too. I even typed: "SHUT DOWN DAM IT!" Nothing. One last time I tried the power button and finally it responded! Shutting down, I decided to see if it would start up again, and it did, so I still use it.

I think the darn thing froze out of respect for Mr. Jobs! Coincidence? I don’t think so. Steve Jobs really knew what he was doing!!!

No comments: