Sunday, May 27, 2012

TIGHT, TIGHT, TIGHT.


TLW (The Little Woman) and me have a friend who we haven’t seen for a while. She is a wonderful lady and she has a wonderful family. She lost her husband years ago to cancer and carried on, keeping her family together.

She is a bit if a dresser for her age, preferring the young look and for the most part can pull it off convincingly (The look that is). Some women shouldn’t dress this way in their 60’s but she can.
OK, NICE ANS SMOOTH!

Recently the media was all, astir about the health risk of tight jeans that women wear. Apparently tight jeans can cut off circulation and cause other problems. Our friend had a phrase for it: “TIGHT, TIGHT, TIGHT” as she describe it! When TLW would describe someone wearing them tight, she would quote our friend.

Now I would like to discuss the real danger of tight jeans.

There are two kinds of tight jean dangers, those that are worn by women who can show off their shape, and those that shouldn’t under any circumstances. Both are a danger, like texting while driving. Butt the danger is not to them, butt to those who witness it.

A young man or an old one for that manner, can easily be distracted by a good looking physical specimen, while walking in her tight jeans, to cause a car to drive off the street and jump the curb. I’m sure it has happened in the past and will happen in the future. Butt the ladies that are extra large, the ones that grow disproportionally to their height, pose the most danger! Not to be mean, butt why would you dress like that? Come on ladies, nothing wrong with dressing in jeans, you should be comfortable, butt when you dress like that you make it uncomfortable for yourself, and any innocent bystanders. It is disgusting, scary, and causes nightmares long after you leave the scene.

“"I knew that I had come face to face with someone whose mere personality was so fascinating that, if I allowed it to do so, it would absorb my whole nature, my whole soul, my very art itself."
- Oscar Wilde-The Picture of Dorian Grey

BUTT WHY?
The quote tells it like it is. Although it speaks of temptation, it says something else to me. You don’t need to draw attention to yourself with a style that no longer fits you, being yourself is beautiful enough. I know enough women both in young age and old, that being over-weight blind you by their minds, and what they say.

It is nice to look nice, it is nice to be recognized by what comes out of your mouth, not out of your closet, or the need to compete with the young or the sexy. All women are beautiful; they don’t need to pressure themselves into looking like something they are not.
Unfortunately men can be shallow and make judgments based on looks alone, and that is why many relationships don’t last long. That is why women dress the way they do, have to torture themselves in heels and spend long hours on makeup.

SOMEHOW IT DOESN'T WORK!
If you have a relationship of mutual respect, an appreciation of what comes out of the mouth, and not the tube, the atmosphere seems so much clearer and cleaner to me. I know that when TLW dresses up, she is still beautiful in spite of it, because I still see the gal I love, not the gal that is changed.

Maybe this is the old man talking, but I didn’t become interested by TLW’s looks but by her wonderful sense of making me feel at home with her. Her morals, her sense of honesty, her sense of fairness, and her lack of ego all mak:e for a beautiful women. Yes, she can be a pain in my butt at times, butt so can I be one in hers. Recently I stopped to smell the roses or the coffee so to speak. Going over photos from years past, I realized just how beautiful TLW is in the past as she is today.  Butt it is true: looks aren’t everything.

So ladies, don’t choke yourselves to death over what society demands from you, it is crazy.


1 comment:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Loved photo #1; probably could have done without #2 and #3. And ladies, you wear those jeans as tight as you like...Joe is light-headed from too much exercise.