Friday, May 11, 2012

IT’S DOCTOR WEEK


Yes, that magical time of the year when I see not one but two doctors. One is Dr. Haveaheart my cardiologist, and one is my GP, Dr. Strangeglove!

Now that I have gotten older, I need to see doctors to keep myself alive. They need to see me to pay their mortgage and vacations and college plans for their kids. The Cardiologist is young, inexperienced and has all his hair, obviously very annoying. The other doctor is my age, cranky, opinionated and getting a paunch, we can relate.
Dr. Strangeglove

TLW (The Little Woman) has our insurance policy encased in a glass case in the wall, with a sign that reads: “In case of emergency, break glass”. Good to know she is well prepared!

I really don’t mind the visits so much as the waiting in the waiting rooms, watching old people come and go and get older waiting, knowing I’m getting there! I don’t like to read magazine articles in waiting rooms because I know that WWII has been over for a while, that General Eisenhower’s interview is kind of passé, and I hate it when they don't pronounce my name correctly.
Dr. Haveaheart

If I bring a book, the doctor will ask what I’m reading like it will cause high blood pressure or have too many calories. I try not to lie about exercise, but he keeps asking the wrong questions. My idea of exercise is different from his. Do you realize how many times I get up out of my chair? And step climbing, do you realize how many steps I have in my house?

So, I will report on these two visits, one this afternoon and one in a few days. Good luck to the doctors.

No comments: