Friday, May 04, 2012

MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS IS HARD


On our flight home from the funeral of my aunt, we entered Fort Lauderdale airport and Mom was in a wheel chair. Mom being 94 and having trouble seeing and walking we her children decided we would utilize the wheel chair to get her around.

Gate B2 was our destination and we went to the area to await the boarding routine of Southwest (The dumbest system ever) and watched the passengers arrive. Suddenly this couple arrives, being wheeled in separate wheel chairs to the boarding area. He was about my age and she was about the same. They are left to the side and wait. I though how tragic it is for both to be in wheel chairs and how that doesn’t prevent them for traveling.

THIS IS NOT THE LOW LIFE
After a while, he gets up and walks about 250 feet to a counter where they are selling drinks, after a while makes a selection and walks back! No limp, no hobble, no nothing! This makes me a little angry and I want to say something but I mind my own business.

Five minutes later she gets up out of her wheel chair and walks over to the same place, no limp, no hobble, no nothing! This makes me a little madder, and I am really starting to hate these people. This will do two things: 10 delay the boarding process and 2) allow these phonies to board first ahead of everyone else, while utilizing manpower to “assist” the low lives.

We take off and land at Islip and the flight attendant says: “If you were boarded on a wheel chair, please remain in your seats and we will come to assist you off the plane.” My curiosity gets the best of me and I watch the low lives. Sure enough, they jump up and race off the plane, with the flight attendant watching in utter amazement, and I could hear her comments to the other flight attendant.

People like that should have their tax records reviewed by the IRS while they rot in jail, who make it harder for the people with real handicaps to navigate the system.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

It's like the people who get handicap parking stickers just because they're fat. My wife always tells me maybe there's something I don't know about their health, so I'll pass that advice on to you. (Nah...they're lowlifes!)

Mary Ann said...

Happens a lot on my flights also. They get priority boarding and first dibs at the overhead bin space. Very common with foreigners. They do it so they don't have to navigate the airport to their connecting flight.