Saturday, May 12, 2012

HAVE A HEART DOC


DR. HAVEHEART
I visited Dr. Haveaheart the other afternoon, and he was nothing if not gloomy. The carotid artery is 50% blocked and I’m heading soon downhill. I kind of knew that all along and I can honestly tell you that that is the breaks. Being a cholesterol machine, I know what will take place. How soon I don’t know, and frankly, don’t care.

Stroke looms large in my future and I can’t imagine what that is going to be like, but that too is the breaks. Maybe TLW (The Little Woman) can sit me in the garden next to vegetable plants with names on little posts, mine saying ‘Joe’ or 'DelBloggolo'.

Some time ago, when I had the by-pass and started this blogue, I promised that whatever would happen to me I would report, at least so you as a reader could get the experience without the pain. That still holds true. I’m not going to hide from it, not going to deny it and certainly not going to give in to it. But don’t feel bad for me, I don’t. I have been blessed with good friends, a great wife and family. There is nothing I can wish for more. Life is only so long for all of us before it is indeed: “so long’”.

So now he is asking for more tests to be conducted over the next three months. Why I don’t understand, but it IS something to do to get my mind off of it. He asked about pains in the arm and legs and back, things like that, but again, that’s his job. He’s even getting the blood results from Dr. Strangeglove!

If one morning you don’t find the blogue up, that is the brakes also. But that will mean that I finally thanked you for reading, even once in a while, because I do everyday.

I know there are operations and medications and blood thinners and all the crap that they use on one with this situation, but I wonder how much I’ll want to tolerate. As it is, I don’t want any extraordinary measures, they can pull the plug, collect the insurance money and throw a party, a nice party.

1 comment:

Princess Pat said...

What is all the doom and gloom? You will live forever. Look at your mom.
Hopefully you'll take after her. And maybe if you cut back on some of that macaroni and meatballs that may help too. Okay that's a hard one.
Maybe ice cream. Okay thats hard too. Oh forget it. We love you.
Keep on blogging till the last breath.