Wednesday, May 16, 2012

HELP, I’M STRANDED!


The other morning I came down from my shower and noticed something unusual. There sat TLW (The Little Woman) with a bottle of champagne opened at 5:30 in the morning!

As I entered the room she was on the phone, all giggly and happy, with a glass of the bubbly in her hand. Suddenly she said goodbye to her girlfriend and asked:

“What are you doing here?”

“What do you mean, and WHY are you drinking champagne at 5:30 in the morning?

“Well I got an email from you stating that you were stranded in the Philippines?”

“What? I’ve been home all the long, sleeping next to you all night!”

“Well according to this email you are in the Philippines, see?” She shows me the email and I think: I just know I didn’t send her that email, I think?

Turns out someone hacked my account and sent everyone on my Yahoo list the email. Suddenly I’m getting phone calls from people on my cell phone.

My financial man, the agency, old high school classmates, and even board members and clients. For instance:

“Hey Joe, It’s Jerry back in the States. How the hell did you get stuck in the Philippines?”

“No Jerry, I’m not in the Philippines, someone hacked my account!”

Then this one: “Hello, Joe? Christy here, did you get hacked or something?”
”Yeah Christy I did, I’m not stuck in the Philippines, I’m stuck at home. Send the money to my home address.”

Or-

“Hello Joe? Ken, I see you’ve been hacked. Happened to me once, a pain in the neck. Figured I tell you they want $800 to be sent to an address in the Philippines!’

Yup, I’ve been hacked alright, does this mean you are not sending the money?”

No comments: