Thursday, May 03, 2012

I’M BACK


And I’m filled with complaints, laughs and memories: some old and some new and some recalled.

Even when we deal with sad occasions, such as a death in the family, life goes on, and so must we. My aunt lived to her early 90’s, more than a lot of tragic ending lives, and so I must be grateful for that time, those days she implanted in my memories.

One thing I noticed is that breaking the tensions of funerals is important, as I had my sister crying  with laughter rather than tears of sadness as we drove to the funeral parlor that morning for the final farewell to Aunt Marie. 

There was a voluptuous young lady, with an unbelievable bust line standing on the center median with her car, and as we passed Tessie, my older sister (much older) remarked: “Must have been a flat!” in which I remarked: “They didn’t look flat to me!”

Moving along the highway, laughing I suddenly find myself behind a what looked like a Pakistani or Indian riding a small motorcycle with an Apple logo pasted on his fender that I could see, and pointed out to Tessie, my older sister. (much older) I started to do my Techie support that I occasionally get on the phone, where you can’t understand a word they are saying. “Ow maee heye elp hue?” I then did an imaginary phone call which made Tessie, my older sister (much older) laugh so hard she told me to shut up the rest of the trip, this was a solemn occasion, we shouldn’t be laughing. But if I know my aunt, she would have wanted us to laugh, so laugh we did.

There are a lot things I need to write in the coming days about this sad trip, Mom, her only sister now gone, the travel habits of the millions of people that fly, and their comforts and habits, and a bit of knowledge I learned from someone that travels a lot, which is: “Never pass up an opportunity to pee, or trust a fart in public!”

With those words I will leave you until tomorrow.

No comments: