Wednesday, May 30, 2012

IF AMERICA HAS TALENT


It should bring it to the show. Watching Howard Stern on this show makes him look out of character. It is not the same guy you have on radio. Surprisingly I find him more likeable for some reason.

But the show itself seems to be a continuous lineup of no-talent acts and every now and then something or someone comes along who can wow you.

The stage was set for just such an event, as this little kid no more than 6 came out like a little old man, dressed like one who was going to rap. I figured this kid is cute, if anyone else were to compete against him, he they have no chance.

The little kid did his routine and 2 of the 3 judges just loved him. I thought the kid was just OK, even for his age. Howard Stern, to his credit said the kid didn’t have it to go to Hollywood. Now I hate reality shows because I find them too stilted in many ways, and this was one of them I felt. But Howard Stern told the truth, and then explained why:

NICK CANNON-HOST
There are people that work hard to go on these shows and their cuteness aside, need talent to win. This was a cute kid with no talent, so no go. It would not have been fair to all the contestants that worked so hard.

Of course the audience went insane, booing Howard, who stuck to his guns and reasoned with Sharon Osborn, the other of the three judges to concur with him. Then he got on the stage and knelt down to this little kid to sooth him and make the tears go away.

I salute Howard Stern, he has courage and is honest, he showed me something. I don’t dislike little kids, was one once myself, and had a few running around my house that TLW (The Little Woman) says were mine. They all ate a lot, so they must be.  But even cuteness needs a home as does talent. When you knock on the door of talent, cuteness should not answer.

Nick Cannon the host by the way, IS the show, he really brings it home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing -- most of the acts are terrible, but Courtney and I can't stop watching. I think Howard has been good on the show. Last night, his Dad was in the audience and came up onstage to say, "I told you not to be stupid, you moron.". I used to work with Nick Cannon at Nickelodeon. He's a very friendly, down-to-earth guy.

-#1 Son

Jim Pantaleno said...

Most reality shows are the toilet paper of TV land's bathroom. People just love watching train wrecks and honestly, any wreck will do.