Monday, February 13, 2012

DON’T MESS WITH MISS ELLIE


A few weeks ago, The Little Woman (TLW) was at the Wanna-Be-Bank and Truss Company sitting at her desk taking care of a member (Customer). On her desk is a photo of our three children. The member was a young man who noted the picture and remarked: “Hey, I know that lady”, pointing to the picture.

TLW said she didn’t think he did since it was her daughter Ellen who lives in a group home. “Oh, I know that, I work at her home, that’s Miss Ellie. You don’t mess with Miss Ellie!”

Miss Ellie
Today (last Wednesday) Miss Ellie has an appointment at St. Charles Specialty Clinic, in which I will attend also. I like to be there on her behalf, for advocacy purposes and to watch her to make sure she doesn’t take an unsuspecting doctor or nurse apart. She is a very loving person but if you try to get her to do something she doesn’t wish to do, you will pay for it.

Since she doesn’t speak or understand much, when she is in a foreign place, I like to be there to reassure her and it makes her feel better. 

Miss Ellie has a rule I try to follow, and ask others for their good and safety to follow. It goes like this:

“If you try to make me do anything I don’t wish to do, I will take you down, and if you do happen to win, you will feel the victory physically for days to come, and it will be your nightmare of choice for the rest of your miserable life.”

She tries to make sure everyone adheres to the basic rule, as it is enforced.

Oh, she is not a monster: in fact if she knows you, she will hug you and make a huge fuss over you. Everyone who cares for Miss Ellie will tell you that. But then the doctors and nurses, dentists and assistants who didn’t will tell you stories that scare me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO
AVA BEELER!

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Thanks for the Ava birthday wishes. She's one heck of a kid.

Laura ESL Teacher said...

just catching up on my blog reading...this job thing gets in the way of my fun! Thaanks for the birthday wish for Miss Ava...she was treadted like royalty, as if she'd allow anything less.