Sunday, February 05, 2012

HE GOT IT!


The best way to meet idiots is to drive. Want to meet a real moron, take the old jalopy out for a spin.

The other day I was going home from a meeting on the Veteran’s Memorial Highway, and I was in the slow lane, the right-handed lane of this two lane highway. There is a garbage truck next to me, and a county van ahead of me. Both are doing about 35 mph, and I needed to get into the left hand lane because my left hand turn was coming up.

Back behind me is a SUV in the left hand lane, who happened to have the title or deed to the Veteran’s Memorial Highway on him. 

I make a mistake. I give the moron a signal that I am coming over to the lane he’s in. The moron, seeing this steps on it as I attempt to get over, but I am already half way into the lane. So the imbecile gives me the horn, and I wave to him.

Once into the left lane, I now get into the left hand turning lane at the light that we both stop for, stupid rolls down his window and takes a picture of me with his cell phone and yells: “I got it.”

I rolled down my window and told him where he should store it.

I wonder if he will take my advice?

But why must people be like that? What happened to common courtesy and decency? It’s the road: the vehicles are heavy dangerous objects that can cause injury and death. Does stupid think he, acting like a moron needs to prove he is one? Is it the SUV he is driving? Did I castrate him by getting in front of him?

I know, he had to hurry home to pee!

No comments: