Saturday, February 25, 2012

IN JEOPARDY


Now I’m a big fan of Jeopardy, I love the show and the challenge of it. Matching what I know against the contestants is a lot of fun! I particularly love the final question; you know the one where they go to a commercial and give you one last clue to figure out.

There is a lot that can be said for the show and Alex Trebeck. Like some of those pronunciations of French words and those obscured English words that come out of the blue. I often wonder if he is allowed to study the questions before he goes on the air. I strongly doubt, in spite of his pretending to know the answers all along that he does.

The other night the final Jeopardy Category question was: French Painters.

Cezanne
“Who said: I’m not any good for anything except painting and gardening.” Went the question.

That upset me. Who cares what a French painter has to say, and who would really know? I mean, the guy is painting, not writing a novel. There are no questions in Final Jeopardy that go: “Which French writer painted this?”

So I guessed that it was Paul Cezanne. I figure all the fruit he painted, he must have had a lot of it laying around.

“Who was Paul Cezanne?” I offer to no one in particular.

Alex Trebek: “Incorrect, the answer is Monet.”

Monet
Never liked Monet, I think he used to change the ‘o’ in his last name to an ‘a’, trying to get credit for more paintings than he did.

Not everyone could possible get that right, and sure enough, the one with the least points guessed it and won the game as the other 2 didn’t get it right. One said Cezanne and another guessed someone else.

There is little TV left that is worth the while. Aside from the Big Bang Theory, and football, what is there? Bowling for Dollars is gone, so let me have confidence in what I’m watching.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guessed Monet. (He's always been my favorite Impressionist.)