Thursday, February 23, 2012

SCANNED OUT OF MY WITS!


I have undertaken by orders of TLW (The Little Woman) scanning in all the photos in our family albums. There existed at one time about 10 thick albums that took about an hour each to get all the photos out of it. It started when we decided to preserve our slides, and carried over into the paper photos.

Doing the project is very rewarding but time consuming. As I was pulling pictures, I started wondering about a photo that was taken early on in my career when I actually won an award for a mailing I designed, and had to go to the Hilton to this big bash to accept it. My head was spinning and my company was all excited about it. The writers, and account executive along with the vice-president and production chief all came along. My boss and mentor Jack was there was well.

As I was pulling the pictures, I wondered what ever happened to the photo, when all of a sudden, I turn a page in the album, and there it was! I almost fell off my chair and fainted, it gave me a chilling feeling that that would happen!

SHE'S STILL BEAUTIFUL!
Then I felt this joy, that I had found the photo, reuniting me with an old friend and a very happy memory. The photo did something else, it took me back to a time line, when I got married, when I owned my first brand new car, A two toned green Camaro, a nice wardrobe and one of the happiest times in my life.

Did you ever get a momentary smell of something that takes you back to another time? Maybe you hear a song for the first time in many years and there you are once again in your youth? Maybe an object appears that closes the distance that exists between you and someone who passed away?  

And so I have this wonderful memory of a triumph from years ago, one that I forgot all about, clearer than it was, all because of a photo!

4 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Love the award picture...right out of the TV show Mad Men.

Princess Pat said...

Loved both pictures. You are so right. TLW is still beautiful and
of course you are still handsome.
I also recently did some spring cleaning and fell about boxes of old photos and I'd love to do the same
project as you and putting them all in the computer but it's way too daunting for me so I'll wait till your done doing yours and then I'll ask you oh so sweetly if you would like to do mine as well.

Anonymous said...

Did I read this correctly - that you are saying that scanning is driving you out of your mind?? Really now, how hard can scanning be? Please refer back to an early DelBloggolo where this is discussed.
SS-I-L

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

YES SS-I-L, you are reading it wrong, I don't say it is "driving me out of my mind." First of all I am mindless, and second have you seen my driving?