Tuesday, May 22, 2007

AH, THE COST OF LOVE

We were discussing our plans for the unexpected vacation TLW (The Little Woman) and Myself, when TLW said: “Oh Joe, you owe me big time for this, after all, I am bringing you with me. After all, I never won anything before in my life!”

?

I had to remind her that she won something big time 36 years ago, mainly me. (Hey, I heard that!)

We figured that we would invite #’s 1 and 2 sons to join us on this adventure, and make it a family week of pure expense for Daddy. TLW will be in her glory being the mother hen she is, the center of attention, being the “winner” so to speak and I can carry the luggage and drive, while paying for incidentals such as beer that #2 Son sneaks into the accommodations while I’m in the bathroom.

I am starting to feel like Margaret Thatcher’s husband or Bill Clinton in that I will be taking the back seat to TLW as usual in the eyes of my sons. They of course will occupy the rest of the front seats with TLW. Mom the winner and Dad (we won’t say loser out loud) loser.

No, I am not jealous of TLW, in fact I always knew something good would come of marrying her, and it has for 36 years, its just that now I have to grovel or she might leave without me on her vacation. From now until the trip is over TLW will be known as “The Little Winner.”

No comments: