Tuesday, May 08, 2007

THAT POOR, TODDLIN TOWN

I woke up this morning at 5:15 anticipating the big day. TLW (The Little Woman) and her sister Maureen were scheduled to fly off to Chicago to do a little sightseeing and visiting. It’s a trip they planned a while ago, and I wasn’t invited. Having been to Chicago a couple of times, I didn’t feel deprived, neglected or unappreciated, just ready for another bout with bachelorhood.

Loading the bags (Luggage) into the back of my SUV I dropped the ladies off tat the curb and unloaded the bags (luggage) on the curb, just like the limo service would, and waited by the bags with my hand out palms up, which Maureen shook.

I can see the takeout menus now, the relief in not having to cook for a few days and just watching the ballgames, falling asleep on my own shows and just having the remote to hold, God, life is good!

Of course there are nagging things I have to do, trimming bushes, cleaning etc., but I am a free man for these few days. My dog and #2 Son will complete my picture of contentment of bumming and doing what I want.

I gave TLW instructions on what she should see, eat and ride, trying to guide her while not being there, in other words; not minding my own business.

But knowing TLW and her sister Maureen, they will find what they want and enjoy doing it anyway.

So for the next three and a half days I am a man without instructions, left to my own devices. Maybe I should just stay in bed until I have to go to the airport to pick them up. Maybe this time I’ll get a tip.

No comments: