Friday, May 25, 2007

ANTHONY’S FATHER SPEAKS OUT!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of lunching with some of my old buddies at Publishers Clearing House. While everyone was getting together to meet in the building, I decided to take a walk and visit some of the people I knew there, to see how things were going.

Me: “Hi, how’s it going?”
Them: “Hey, how’s Anthony?”
Me: “Remember me?”
Them: “Oh yeah, you’re Anthony’s father, right?”
Me: “ Yes.”
Them: “So how’s he doing?”

The next time I visit that place, I’m printing up 100 copies of “How Anthony Is Doing” to be distributed as I pass along in the halls. I will call him to bring me up to date in his professional and private life, run by the news release for his approval and then pass it along to his friends.

I worked at PCH for over 17 years, the first ten I was known by my first and last name, then the kid started working there and everybody forgot who I was! In fact Anthony’s boss Harris put out a memo one day to refer to a job that Anthony and I collaborated on, and he was Anthony, I was “Anthony’s father.”

Hey, at least I was credited in the memo.

No comments: