Monday, May 14, 2007

THE EAGLETT? HAS LANDED!

Yes, TLW (The Little Woman) has landed, home after 4 to 5 days away from the nest!

Getting up this morning, and preparing for TLW by checking the itinerary and noting the flight number and time of arrival, off I scooted to the airport in anticipation of her and her sister’s arrival.

Entering the terminal, I noticed that there were too few screens to tell me if the plane was on time, searching up and down the long corridors of Long Island Mac Arthur Airport. Turning left I entered the baggage claim area and finally found a tote board that said the plane was 5 minutes late. No problem, I’ll go get a cup of coffee and sit and wait for ten minutes. It was then that it occurred to me that there were two possible entrances in which to wait for arrivals. Finding a police officer sitting behind a desk I inquired as to which arrival point TLW would be arriving from. Being a government flunky, he flunked by telling me that it was a crapshoot as to which area to choose. I made my choice and preceded to wait while being in distant sight of the other arrival area, just in case.

Being I am an experienced husband to TLW, I suspected that my wait would be long, even though the plane had landed and people were coming through the arrival gate. Sure enough I waited about 15 minutes before I saw the love of my life and her sister strolling while chatting, and chatting while strolling. All 4 to 5 days, strolling and chatting, eating and chatting, riding buses and trains and chatting, and yes, even sleeping and chatting!

What took them so long? Let me tell you, TLW’s whole family is very polite, and knowing these two ladies, they stood at the exit of the plane and allowed everyone including the crew and cleaning crew to first enter or exit, before they made their move.

No comments: