Wednesday, May 09, 2007

DON’T CRY BABY!

Now that I spent the first night alone almost sleepless, not from missing TLW (The Little Woman) so much as to worrying about the dog who usually awakens TLW to let the dog out to do her business at 4:45 AM every morning. I am afraid I will not hear her and she will do her duty on a rug or floor where I have to clean it up.

Jumping out of bed from a small nap, I looked at the foot of the bed where Happy sleeps, only to find the spot vacated. I became worried and figured she did her thing already and I was too late. Looking around some more, there she was, sitting on her hind legs, tongue sticking out looking at the spot where TLW sleeps, on her side of the bed. I called her, she looked at me but would not budge. Calling again, she just expected TLW to get up and accompany her downstairs. Finally she decided TLW wasn’t getting up and came downstairs with me where I let her out. Boy did I feel bad for the dog!

I guess I now know why they call a dog man’s best friend. What devotion to TLW, Happy will sit with her on the chair at night both reclined and one staring ahead on her stomach, and one with a remote in her hand, fast asleep on her back.

No comments: