Sunday, November 23, 2008

BLOG # 900! TODAY IS YOUR DAY!


This is to all my readers, the people that read and on occasion comment or send e-mails to DelBloggolo.

Thanks!

A million dollars would not suffice in exchange for the thrill I get when someone is moved to comment. It is special to a writer, if you wish to call me that. I love to get them, and I love the fact that anyone would care to write.

As you know, I try to write everyday, and people say they are amazed by the discipline! When you have an outlet to express yourself, it isn’t hard. What is hard is NOT writing everyday.

I know that not everyone can agree with me, either in my manner or subject, let alone my opinion. Grammatically, it is all over the place, but it is not for sale, just for fun. I apologize for any errors, and for the occasional vulgarity that I may employ. There is no excuse for it, but if I don’t express it, it would not be me. If I make you laugh, GREAT! That is wonderful. If I make you cry, still great, because you are human.

I don’t wish to edit myself, because it would lose the spontaneity of it all. If I see a typo, or an idea that doesn’t come across, I will try to fix it.

How this came about was #1 Son’s fault, he inspired me. He is such a great word maven; I wish he would contribute occasionally. He has a lot to say, and is very talented. I guess he doesn’t want to upstage his old man, but I would love it. (I’m sure his old lady would too,)

But you the reader must take the credit. You have the patience to sit through it all and read. You are the reason I write. #1 AND #2 SONS, TLW, MFF (My Favorite Fan) Laura, is out there, and has been a great supporter and a friend. So has Steve Philp, another reader, who by the way has his own blog: sphilp.blogspot.com. Then there is Jim my buddy from Our Lady of Lourdes School in Brooklyn, (spaldeendreams.blogspot.com/). Big sister Tess, little sisters: Fran, MaryAnn and Joanne all read and write back. Then there is MSF (My Special Fan) Nancy, who I discovered just a month ago. Then there is The Lovely Carole, my next-door neighbor, who always reading, and offering helpful suggestions. Lois, TLW’s twin, there is Jan Spaulding and Carole Sapienza, who read and on occasion send a note. And last, but certainly not least, there is my Irish and Sicilian Sister-in-laws. The transplanted Utican turned Virginian and Angela, who always takes TLW (The Little Woman’s) side, and Maureen. Maureen hails from Connecticut, but you would never know it, she is never there! ! Thanks y’all!

PLEASE, KEEP READING AND COMMENTING!

Please remember all those like Joan and DD, who need us to pray for them.

4 comments:

Fran said...

Thanks for making my day everyday with your blog. You have made me laugh and cry,but more importantly, you have made me proud to say you are my brother! I appreciate all your hard work too. It is Thanksgiving and I am so thankful for you.
Lots of love,
Fran ( Your younger sister, no matter what you keep writing!!)

Anonymous said...

Joe .... A day without DelBloggoo is like a day without laughs and tears (happy and sad). Too bad you don't have a newspaper column. Your comments are honest and many times so true! Hope your shoulder is better and that nothing but health and happiness finds your family this Thanksgiving! Hugs to you, TLW, "Little Ellen, #1 & #2 son :o) and of course to the dog too!

Love, Jan Spalding (PCH)

Steve Philp said...

My heartiest congratulations on number 900 and keep up the hard work of daily posts!

Jim Pantaleno said...

Joe: I'm so glad the Internet allowed us to "connect the dots" from our common past in Brooklyn after so many years. We've never met but I feel I know you through your writing. Keep it up; it's theraputic. You inspired me to start my own blog. Hope you and your family have a peaceful and blessed Thanksgiving.

Jim