Monday, November 10, 2008

I GOT WHAT? PART II


The nurse called me the other day from the orthopedic surgeons office to inform me that they got the results of the MRI.

“You have a partial tear of the ^%$#*&% muscle and tendonitis of the right shoulder. You need to come in to meet with the doctor.”

Of course, this leaves me in a quandary. A quandary is a state of uncertainty as to what to do. Like any state, it is taxing my patience. I don’t want this to linger too long. I want to resolve the matter ASAP. I fear if they say I need some kind of surgery, I have to prolong the period of inactivity. If I use a physical therapist, how long before that helps?

I hate going to doctors, they take a lot of my personal time and cause me to do what I don’t like to do. Tomorrow I’ll find out what will be.

In the late afternoon, I go to my regular doctor for my quarterly checkup. This is for the usual blood test then prescription renewals I need. More waiting in waiting and examining rooms!

Do I sound like I’m complaining? I say: “SHUT UP YOU BIG BABY!” There, someone needed to say it.

Well I went to the doctor and he is recommending SIX WEEKS OF physical therapy!

Please remember my pal Joan and DD.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Laura L-V said...

Oh no! Well you need to be a good patient and do all of your physical therapy work. Your fans are counting on you!!!! Get well soon.