Friday, November 21, 2008

I DID IT! I DID IT!



A few years ago on a holiday of some sort, I was at my lovely niece, Laurie-Ann, and her equally lovely husband Gerard’s house for dinner. They have a rascal of a son named Sean, AKA: the Vietnamese Snacker. Little Sean was about two to three years old, learning to walk, talk and making trouble.

Laurie had a dishtowel that she kept folded on the handle of her stove, and some how Sean was trying to fold it, and put it back in place. After several tries, he succeeded and announced; “I did it! I did it!”

Well this evening I can proudly borrow from Sean, and announce: “I did it! I did it!”

I finally got to fix the faucet in the kitchen.

I was watching a segment of the Dr. Phil Show, and he mentioned to one of the wayward husbands that the husband needed to set his moral compass. I looked at mine and it pointed to the kitchen sink.

Arising from the ashes of lunch with an old business associate, I burped and headed for my toolbox. (I didn’t want to end up on Dr. Phil, explaining why I have a leaky faucet,)

It was like taking the proverbial monkey off my back! Yes, indeed! I am now free to feel guilty about something else I need to do. I just have to keep doing it so I stay off the Dr. Phil Show!

Please remember my pals Joan and DD.

No comments: