Monday, November 24, 2008

MR. AND MRS. SNIFFLES

Yes! It is that special time of the year. A time when we hack like crazy and cough until our heads hurt, feeling tired all day. A time of joy filled tissue and hanky abuse! What am I talking about? A good old-fashioned head cold is what I’M talking about. A good old-fashioned head cold that starts in the back of your nose and stays in your head, and tours your body, including your chest. A cold that makes your bones or joints hurt, your eyes sensitive to light and you have no appetite!

Your body drags, but only your eyes and nose run! This time I have company. Instead of laughing at me, she sneezes at me. Who is she? TLW (The Little Woman), that’s who. As I sit in my misery, I can now look over to my right and watch TLW be just as miserable as me!

This morning I came down from my shower, got my coffee and there she was. Under her blanket, in her jammies and robe, looking forlorn.

“How ya feeling?” I inquired.

TLW: “Oh, I’m losing my voice!”

“You mean, I won’t be able to hear you?”

TLW: “You can’t hear me anyway.”

At least one day of no sarcasm!

Please remember my pals Joan and DD, and all that need our prayers.

No comments: