Wednesday, November 26, 2008

PHYSICAL THERAPY SESSIONS

I began my first encounter with a physical therapist. A bright articulate lady named Georgina. First, there were no leather pants or whips like I thought might be the case. Second, with all the agony, she might as well have used whips!

I was the first patient of the day, and I immediately woke up! She started by giving me a mild interrogation, just like the Nazi’s, then, we went to the equipment. Exercises, machines, and more machines were the order of the day. Turning and twisting my right shoulder until I screamed: “Uncle!” I think at one point I may have uttered: “HOLY JESUS!” She stopped at that point, thinking maybe Jesus WAS my uncle!

Georgina was on quest to rehabilitate my shoulder and eliminate my tendonitis, or kill me. She is realizing one of her goals. Services will be next week.

So twice a week I will go. Joining old men, we will be treated by three young ladies, all with one goal in mind, making us cry.

Today I got some ice treatment, and sonic treatments. The object of the sonic treatment is to spread a jelly substance on my shoulder. With a ball that is connected electronically, they try to dig a hole in the shoulder and maybe strike gold. The cold treatment is simple. It has claws in a blanket that they place over the shoulder, turn on the machine it is connected to, then watch my face as the claws in the blanket get tighter and tighter, squeezing the bone until I call for Uncle Jesus once again. It then sends pulsations into the shoulder, every so often sending a shocking grip that feels like it is separating the shoulder.

Please remember to say a little prayer, even a one word two words one for those you care about, like I do. Joan and DD.

No comments: