Wednesday, November 19, 2008

IF AT FIRST YOU DON’T SUCCEED…


drive it back again.

My ‘04 Hyundai, Sante Fe became ornery recently. It seems that it didn’t want to go as fast as I did. (Female model) If I stepped on the gas, it would hesitate, seemingly saying; “You sure you want to go there?”

Then it seemed to lose attention or interest, somewhat like it was depressed. I would feed it gas, and it would want to sleep, or just stop.

One thing I don’t like is a fickle car. I decided against my better instincts to take it to the Hyundai Dealership, that being Hustedt Hyundai. Their slogan is; “Hustedt Hyundai, yippee kyoo, kyiaa!” or something like that.

The big day came, I arrived about a half hour earlier so I could get in and out in no time. After they took the first five hundred people ahead of me, my turn came. Mr. Grasso Scimmia, the head mechanic came up to me and said: “Put da key in da door lock an take dis ticket to da gal in da service department.”

Reporting dutifully, Bertha Grande finally called my number and I stepped forward.

“What can I do for you?”

“My car don’t work! Sob, sniff, and it won’t listen to me.” I stated.

“We’ll have you back in the thick of things in no time, honey. Meanwhile leave it here with us, and you take a two-month vacation, that should cover the time we’ll need. By the way, did you get your timing belt changed? You know of course that it needs to be changed, and it is covered with our silent warrantee of 6 years or 45,000 miles. Wait a minute… you have 45,000.5 miles, sorry. This is a BIG job, should we work on it. It is very important.” Bertha Grande was starting to scowl as if I had taken her lunch.

“No” I said, waiting for the cops to come to take me away to a prison in Korea for negligent Hyundai owners.

“OK, but YOU NEED TO HAVE IT FIXED!” said Bertha Grande

That afternoon Bertha Grande calls, “Ya kar is ready! We had to replace the sensors, and that is covered by the warranty. Do you know the transmission fuel and something else needs to be changed? Do you want to have us change it?”

“OK” say I.

“OK, it will come to $209, before tax.”

I pick up the car, and the next day, drive it. It starts to act up again. Only worse than before!

I go back to the dealership, and state…

“My car don’t work! Sob, sniff, and it won’t listen to me.” I stated.

“Are you SURE!!??”

“Oh yes, I think it is psychotic! Has bouts of depression, is lethargic and sometimes will consume a lot of gas. Just like before, only worse.” I look at her pleadingly.

“Yo, Grasso, dis fellow here needs some help dere. Run a scan on ‘em, see what ya can.” Turning to me she says, would ya like a car fur now?”

“Yes! Yes, that would be nice.”

Please remember my buddies Joan and DD.

No comments: