Tuesday, November 25, 2008

SHUT THE WORLD DOWN, SHE’S SICK!

Yes, the stalwart of low-fat, low portions, the Queen of healthiness, TLW (The Little Woman) is sick. Ailing, under the weather she looks. She finally caught the cold that she gave me. But I forgive her.

This past Friday, she went bowling with her work mates, and came home walking like someone shot her in the legs. Slowly, frowning, little steps and hops, with: “Ooh, ooh!” she went. Coupled with her cold, she looks like “Quaresima” an Italian expression meaning ‘Lent’, a solemn period in the Church.

Well, Happy my stupid dog, likes to awaken about 3:00 AM to do her business. This means I have to let her outside. Since I am deafer than a doorknob, TLW will give me a shot across the chops and tell me in her sweet voice; “the dog” then, rolls over. The dog indeed! This morning, there were only little taps. Was she trying to get my attention? A second set of little taps soon followed. “The DOG!” she growled. Ah! The dog!

When TLW is ailing, she loses her physical powers, but not her spousal obligation to make me sit up, roll over or beg. Fetching I learned from Mom.

As Rodney Dangerfield once said, or was it Henny Youngman: “She treats me like a king: Here king, here king!”

Please remember my pals Joan and DD, and all that need our prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no, thats not Helen, when Bill is sick the world comes to an end!!!!!