Thursday, May 14, 2020

DREAMS

What Veal Sorrentino should look like

What Chicken Picatta should look like
Having a vivid imagination can help me to be a little creative. I can imagine what is and isn’t, just like anyone else. However, it can be redundant in an imaginative way.

On May 11th, I went to Costco and as we entered the store I see a sign stating that there is no red meat for sale along with other items mostly related to the CORVID-19, such as no toilet paper, hand-sanitizer, and masks, among others.

As we traversed through the store our conversation turned to I-phones and I-pads. TLW (The Little Woman) needed an I-pad and I need a new I-phone. Her I-pad was fading and my I-phone has very little capacity since it is an I-phone 10.3.3.

On Mother’s Day, I ordered from an Italian restaurant that is usually pretty reliable. TLW ordered a Chicken Picatta with pasta and I ordered Veal Sorrentino with pasta. Neither dish was good so we threw out half it was so badly prepared. The pasta was absolutely terrible with its flavorless sauce so we tossed that too. I vowed to never go there again and TLW agreed with me.

Then the night we visited Costco, I went to bed, got up about 2:30 A.M. to check that the toilet still worked and went back to bed for my second dream. Dream 2 was one where I remembered in detail a bunch of events.

I dreamt that I was still working in Manhattan and that I needed to buy meat to bring home. As I am walking with a couple of co-workers I’m guessing, I ask one of them if they knew where I could buy meat. One of them directs me uptown and so I go and find this building where I ask a woman where I should purchase meat. She directs me across the street to the NBC building and the 4th floor. I go across the street and enter the building through a side entrance where I have to climb over a small bar to enter the doorway. I find myself on the 4th floor and in a butcher shop! There is a long counter ad a young fellow behind the counter. I ask him for meat, veal and he comes out with this rather large piece of meat which he shows me. I think, maybe I better call TLW first to make sure that the veal is ok. I go on my phone and somehow disable my phone by touching a wrong icon, unable to make phone calls. The young butcher comes over after I ask him for help and we fiddle with the phone to no avail.

Suddenly, I am in my office and who do I see but the young butcher, TLW, and three cups of coffee on my desk. I wonder how they both beat me to my office. The office only has a desk and three chairs, an office I don’t recognize but feel comfortable anyway.

Was this but a rehash of the day before in my waking moments?

No comments: